Aretha Franklin released the first single from her new album Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics on Monday.
Aretha Franklin Covers Adele
The legendary singer covers Adeles’ Rolling in the Deep, delivering her own brand of breathy crooning and tossing in a chorus from Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. The effect is colossal.
The 72-year-old’s LP drops October 21st and takes on a variety of artists, including Etta James’ 1960 At Last and Alicia Keys’ 2007 hit Nothing Compares 2 U.
The producer list on the album is equally varied, with work from André 3000 to Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds. Peek the line-up for Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics :
- “At Last” (Etta James Cover)
- “Rolling In The Deep” (Adele Cover)
- “Midnight Train To Georgia” (Gladys Knight and The Pips Cover)
- “I Will Survive” (Gloria Gaynor Cover)
- “People” (Barbra Streisand Cover)
- “No One” (Alicia Keys Cover)
- “I’m Every Woman” (Chaka Khan Cover) / “Respect”
- “Teach Me Tonight” (Dinah Washington Cover)
- “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” (The Supremes Cover)
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” (Sinéad O’Connor Cover)